Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jan 11th - I Wish you Enough...

Another dreary cloudy day here is Syracuse, but it's ok. We are having one of those lazy Sunday mornings where you drink coffee, stay in your jammies and just flit from activity to activity. This AM I have downloaded some pictures that I want to use for a Scrapbooking weekend that I am going to next weekend, I've read the updates on my favorite blogs and I've gone onto Ravelry Knitting website to catch up on my groups and get more inspiration for my Christmas 2009 gifts. This is the site to end all sites and is giving me divine inspiration for those lovely Holiday gifts and those special hand made gifts that I love to give throughout the year. I found a great little cardigan for my daughter for this year's gifts http://Iwww.ravelry.com/patterns/library/central-park-hoodie
She is just going to love it....maybe in deep purple or something. She is wanting those fingerless mittens too, so that is on my list to surf for next. Maybe in a really soft cashmere. We'll see.

While I was surfing around, I found a great poem that I had not seen in quite a bit...but it was sent to me a while ago. It was so beautiful, and I remember keeping the words, but in the world of technology, they were lost during a computer crash I had a bit back (note to self - remember to journal things down in writing somewhere). I can't take the credit for this as it is a copyright by Bob Perks, but it has been written on cards and in stories. It goes something like this....I wish you enough.
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get your through the final "Goodbye"

You can find more of the details here:
http://www.spiritisup.com/iwishyouenoughbp.html

Well, I'm off to finally ease into the day, get dressed, maybe do a few things with my daughter, and then make some applesauce for the week and we'll see from there.....

So for today.....I wish you enough.....

Have a great inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment